Kendall Jenner, a renowned American model and television personality, stands tall at an impressive height of 5 feet 10 inches or 178 cm. This statuesque height is a significant contributing factor to her successful career in the world of modeling. It is one of the reasons why she’s been able to grace several top-tier fashion runways and has even contributed to her becoming one of the highest-paid models in the world. But to reduce Kendall Jenner’s life and success to just her height would be an oversimplification. Let’s delve into her world and understand better the woman who has not only capitalized on her height but has also exhibited her talent and charm in myriad ways.
Kendall Jenner was born on November 3, 1995, in Los Angeles, California, to Kris Jenner and Caitlyn Jenner. Her family was already famous due to her parents’ celebrity status. Kris Jenner, a television personality, and Caitlyn Jenner, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, an Olympic gold medalist, brought her into a world that was far from ordinary. Kendall, alongside her younger sister Kylie, grew up in the spotlight, under the prying eyes of the media.
- One of the first unique aspects of Kendall’s life is her family. The Kardashians and Jenners are one of the most talked-about families in popular culture. Kendall has an intricate web of siblings – from her younger sister Kylie to her half-siblings from her mother’s previous marriage, the Kardashians (Kim, Kourtney, Khloé, and Rob), and her half-siblings from her father’s previous marriages (Burton, Cassandra, Brandon, and Brody).
- Kendall and her sister Kylie were homeschooled starting from the 2012-2013 school year. Despite her unconventional upbringing and educational experience, Kendall managed to balance her schoolwork with her budding modeling career.
- She began her modeling career at the young age of 14, signing with Wilhelmina Models in July 2009. This was quite an early age to start, but Kendall, given her family’s background, was no stranger to being in the limelight.
- Kendall’s runway debut was at the Sherri Hill show during the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week on September 14, 2011. It was a day that would set the course of her career in the fashion industry.
- Despite her family’s reality TV fame, Kendall wanted to make her own mark in the modeling world. She had her sights set on high fashion. One of her most significant early modeling gigs was posing for photographer Russell James for editorial work and joint projects.
- Kendall has been open about her struggles with acne. She had skin problems when she was a teenager, which took a toll on her self-esteem. She later became a spokesperson for Proactiv, a skincare brand, in an attempt to help others dealing with the same problem.
- Kendall’s modeling career took a big leap when she walked for Marc Jacobs during the Fall/Winter 2014 season at New York Fashion Week. With her distinctive walk and tall, slender frame, she was hard to miss.
- Kendall was named one of the top-earning models by Forbes in 2017. Her net worth, as of my last update in September 2021, was estimated to be around $45 million.
- She’s also quite adventurous. Kendall Jenner has a penchant for adrenaline-pumping activities. She’s revealed in interviews that she loves trying out different extreme sports, and one of her favorites is ATV riding.
- Kendall has several tattoos, and they all have unique meanings. For instance, she has a small white dot on her middle finger, which she has described as her little “rebellious” act.
- Kendall, despite her early rise to fame, is known for being relatively private about her personal life compared to her siblings. This was a conscious decision she made early on in her career to separate her professional and personal life.
- She has been involved in various philanthropic activities. Kendall has used her platform to raise awareness about issues close to her heart, like AIDS prevention and the rights of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Kendall has faced her fair share of criticism and controversy. One of the most notable instances was the Pepsi ad controversy in 2017, where an ad featuring Kendall was accused of trivializing the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Kendall has been praised for her fashion sense and style. Apart from her modeling gigs, she’s also a regular attendee at the Met Gala, an annual fundraiser for the benefit of the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute in New York City.
- She’s also a part of the Calvin Klein family, having been a part of their #MyCalvins campaign. Kendall has modeled for them on several occasions, showcasing her versatility as a model.
- Kendall has an affinity for horses and has been riding since she was a young girl. Her love for horses remains, and she often shares photos of herself riding on her social media accounts.
- She’s also a successful entrepreneur, having co-founded the clothing line Kendall + Kylie with her sister. She also has her own tequila brand, 818 Tequila, which launched in 2021.
- Kendall has expressed her interest in photography and has even shot covers for LOVE magazine.
- She’s walked for high-profile designers like Chanel, Balmain, and Victoria’s Secret, to name a few.
- Kendall, despite being part of a very public family, has admitted to having struggled with anxiety and panic attacks.
- She’s close friends with fellow models Gigi Hadid and Hailey Bieber, and they’re often seen hanging out together.
- Kendall has been recognized by the fashion industry, winning awards like the Teen Choice Award for Favorite Model in 2015 and the Fashion Icon of the Decade award at the 2017 Fashion Media Awards.
- She has starred in various music videos, including “Blacklight” by One Call and “Where’s the Love?” by The Black Eyed Peas.
- Kendall was named the world’s highest-paid model by Forbes in 2018.
- She’s an animal lover and has a Doberman Pinscher named Pyro.
There’s much more to Kendall Jenner than her 5’10” height. From her early career as a model to her personal endeavors, her successful entrepreneurial ventures, and her philanthropic activities, Kendall’s life is rich with interesting facets and curiosities. It’s no wonder she continues to be an intriguing figure in pop culture and the fashion industry.